New Online Service
Pay Tickets Online Quickly, Safely, and Securely.
On-line payments must be made before midnight the day before your court date.
Court Services is open Monday – Friday 8:00am - 5:00pm. Except Thursdays, 8:00a.m. - 10:00 a.m.
Payments are accepted from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
If you have a question about your ticket, you may call Court Services at (770) 974-0965
What Can I expect On My Court Date?
Your first appearance is what is known as an arraignment. Please arrive on time as the solicitor and judge make some VERY important announcements as to your rights. Also, please dress appropriately for court. Court begins with the solicitor and judge making some preliminary announcements as to the processes, procedures, options and your rights. The Judge will then, following any negotiated pleas, call the docket (list of cases) and ask each person how they wish to plea. This process will continue until each case has been disposed of.
HOW DO I PAY MY FINE?
After allowing 7-10 business days from the issue date on the citation, you may call the Court Services Office. Certain violations may be disposed of before your assigned court date. You may check this by accessing the website. If your citation is payable, you may either pay it on-line or by mail. Understand that paying by mail or on-line may result in points being assessed to your driver’s history. On-line payments must be made before midnight the day before your court date.
FORMS OF PAYMENT:
- Cash ( do not mail cash)
- Money Order
- Certified Check
- All major credit cards ( in person or on-line only)
HOW DO I RESET MY CASE?
You may receive one continuance upon request. Any further continuances will only be granted on your new court date by the Judge.
CAN I NEGOTIATE A PLEA?
YES. You may accomplish this by speaking to the solicitor/prosecutor. This may only be done on your assigned court date. The Solicitor will be in the Court Room approximately 30 minutes before court begins and does not leave until everyone has had the opportunity to speak to him/her.
WHAT ARE MY PLEA OPTIONS?
The information listed below is NOT legal advice as you have many rights available to you.
- Plea of Guilty:An admission of guilt. Depending on the offense, the plea may apply points to your driver’s history or have other adverse affects.
- Plea of Not Guilty:By pleading not guilty, you may request a bench trial or, if applicable, you may request your case be bound over to Cobb County for a jury trial.
- Plea of Nolo Contendere: (Often known as Nolo or No Contest) this plea is only available once every (5) years and is discretionary. This plea requires your appearance in court.
Please allow 5 – 7 business days from the date of the citation to call and receive fine amount information. Payment of fines for those offenses considered payable, and where an appearance before the judge is not mandatory, is accepted in cash, Visa or MasterCard in person or by money order in person or by mail. This court does not accept personal checks as payment for fines. We must receive payment of fines by 10:00 a.m. on the day of your court date, to avoid a charge of failure to appear and an additional fine.
Must appear charges:
Those charges that are considered must appear, that the judge requires your appearance in court are:
- Driving Under the Influence
- Violation of Georgia Controlled Substances Act (possession of marijuana)
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Driving without Valid Insurance
- Hit and Run – Leaving the Scene of an Accident
- Reckless Driving
- Charges arising from an Accident
- Underage Possession of Alcohol
- Furnishing Alcohol to Underage Person
- City Code Nuisance Violations
- Any violation which carries 4 or more points when the driver is under 21 years of age
- Passing a school bus loading or unloading
- And certain other violations
One reset date is allowed per case. If you wish to have your case continued for one month, you may come by court services during office hours to sign a continuance. Any further need for rescheduling must be requested from the judge during court.
|Chief Judge||Philip Taylor|
|Associate Judge||J. Tillman Payne Jr.|
|Associate Judge||Joan Bloom|
Mon - Wed, Fri
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.