How do I know if I live inside the City Limits?
There is a difference in having an Acworth mailing address and living inside the city limits of Acworth. The Acworth mailing address can be found in Cobb, Cherokee, Paulding, and Bartow Counties. Having an Acworth mailing address does not mean you live in the city limits of Acworth. City of Acworth residents live in Cobb County only. The mailing addresses are decided by the federal government, not the City of Acworth. There are even some City of Acworth Residents who have a Kennesaw Mailing address. The best way you can find out if you are a city resident is to view the map below:
Click here to view the City of Acworth Tax Parcel Map.
You can also contact the Parks and Recreation Department at 770-917-1234 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you allow alcohol, inflatables, or public address systems at your rental facilities?
Alcohol is not allowed in any city park or rental facility with the exception of Tanyard Creek Overlook and the Logan Farm House. Those wishing to serve alcohol at these event venues must do so through one of our approved caterers.
Inflatables and public address systems are not allowed in any city park, including all rental facilities.
What kind of fish are in Lake Acworth?
Lake Acworth is known to be the home of many fish including channel catfish, largemouth bass, bluegill, red ear sunfish, crappie, carp and bullheads. Click here to read more!
What types of watercrafts are allowed in Lake Acworth?
No personal watercrafts are allowed on Lake Acworth. Only boats with trolling motors, kayaks, canoes, and paddleboards are allowed. No gas-powered motors can be used on Lake Acworth.
How early or late can I fish at Lake Acworth and do I need a special permit?
The Cauble Park, including the lake for fishing, is open from 6:00 a.m., to 11:00 p.m. Lake Acworth is open for fishing year round.
No, you do not need a special permit. However, you do need a state issued fishing license. Click here for information on how to obtain your license.
When are Lake Acworth's water levels lowered?
Lake Acworth is typically drained the last weekend in September and is dependent on rainfall as to when it fills back up. The reason the lake is drained is to assist in the annual Great Lake Clean Up.
How big is Lake Acworth?
Lake Acworth is a 260 acre lake.
Is there a discount for City Residents?
Yes. There is a standard rental fee, which city residents pay, and non-residents are charged a different, slightly larger fee.
Must renters bring their own cleaning supplies?
A vacuum, mop, bucket, toilet paper, trash bags, and toilet brushes will be provided; renters must supply their own cleaning supplies and paper towels.
Are pets allowed in the parks?
Pets are welcome at all city parks with the exception of the athletic facilities. Pets are not allowed on the sandy beach areas. Animals must be kept on a 6ft. leash at all times.
Is there a parking fee for any of the parks?
Cauble Park, Dallas Landing Park, Proctor Landing Park, and South Shore Park are now open with limited parking. There is a non-resident parking fee of $10 at Proctor Landing Park and Dallas Landing Park, seven days a week. The $10 non-resident parking fee applies to Cauble Park and South Shore Park on weekends only from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. The city will only be accepting credit/debit card payments, no cash. All major credit/debit cards are accepted. City of Acworth residents will not be charged a parking fee with the appropriate resident pass.
When do the parks close?
Hours of Operation:
Dallas Landing 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Proctor Landing 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
South Shore 8:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Acworth Beach at Cauble Park Park: 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m./ Beach: Sun Up to Sun Down
Can we set up a tent at the park?
No enclosed tents are allowed. Tents must be open on all 4 sides and cannot be larger than a 10x10.
Is Metal Detecting allowed at City Parks?
Metal detecting is only allowed at designated locations determined by the Army Corps of Enigneers. You may click the link below to view the Metal Detecting Policy and approved locations. Metal detecting will not be allowed at any sports facility in the City of Acworth. Metal detecting will be allowed at Logan Farm Park, however, persons must be in accordance with the rules outlined in the Corps of Engineers Policy shown below.
What if I want to hold a special event or organize a community class?
To organize an event or community class, you will need to fill out the correct application on our Bids, Instructors & Event Proposals page.
For any additional questions you may contact the Parks and Recreation Office at 770-917-1234 or email email@example.com.
How do I know my pavilion will be blocked off before I get there?
There will be a RESERVED sign on your pavilion prior to your arrival.
Where and when will I get my key for my rental?
Keys may be picked up from the Acworth Community Center the last weekday prior to your rental. Our hours are from 7:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.
What if it rains on my pavilion rental date?
In the event of rain, no rental fees will be refunded. However, the renter may reschedule if there is a forecasted high probability of inclement weather for the reservation date on the last business day before the reservation. Rescheduling a rained out date will forfeit the deposit refund. The rescheduled rental date must occur within 90 days of your original rental date.
What if I want to cancel my reservation?
The renter may cancel up to 15 days prior to scheduled date without penalty. Failure to cancel outside 15 days prior to reservation will result in forfeiture of deposit.
How do I get my deposit refund?
Deposits paid via debit/credit card will be refunded back to that card. Deposits paid via cash/check will be refunded by check provided that all rules are followed. Checks will be mailed to the address on the account and should be received approximately two weeks after the key is returned.
What is your camp/program refund Policy?
Program Refund Policy
Our refund policy encourages early decisions, so as to not affect other customers or our ability to deliver efficient programs. Recreation activity fees shall be refunded in the following manner:
- 100% activity fee refund if activity is canceled by City of Acworth Parks, Recreation and Community Resource Department
- 100% activity fee refund, minus deposits that are stated as non-refundable, if request is submitted 14 calendar days or more prior to activity start date.
- 100% activity fee refund, minus a 10% administrative processing fee and non-refundable deposits, if request is submitted between 13 to 7 calendar days prior to program start date. To avoid the administrative processing fee, a customer may transfer activity fees to another program at no additional cost or penalty. A department credit may also be kept on the customer Rec1 account at no additional charge. Department credits will not be refunded once placed on Rec1 account.
- There will be no refund for requests submitted within 7 calendar days prior to activity start date.
- Refund requests for Sports Team League registrations must be submitted prior to the listed league registration deadline.
- Activity fees less than $10.00 will not be refunded. Fee transfer and/or account credit balance accepted.
Please include the following when submitting refund request:
- First and last name of account holder
- First and last name of participant enrolled in activity
- Activity Name and Activity Dates
- Specify whether submitting Refund Request, Transfer
Request or Account Credit Balance Request Requests for recreation program refunds should be directed to the appropriate Recreation Coordinator:
Youth Programs & Events/ Camps - firstname.lastname@example.org
Youth & Adult Athletics / Athletic Camps – email@example.com
Special Needs Programs / Active Adult Programs – firstname.lastname@example.org
*This refund policy excludes Active Adult Day and Overnight Trips.
All other community activities and classes – email@example.com
What if I want to hold a wedding at one of your parks?
Our parks are sometimes used for weddings. Weddings are permissible, but the Parks and Recreation Department would like to make sure you are aware of all the conditions and potential issues associated with using our parks for weddings and/or receptions. Weddings are very special days and we want to make sure that anyone using a City facility is fully aware of these conditions/potential issues before renting the facility.
Violation of any of the below rules will result in forfeiture of your refundable rental deposit. If you choose not to follow the rules and regulations set forth by the City of Acworth, you will be asked to leave the park.
1. All parks are public parks. Roping or blocking off a section of the park separate from the facility you rented is not permitted. If you are having a ceremony on the beach or somewhere in the park that is not a specific rental facility, please be respectful of other people using the park.
2. Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day weekend is our busy season. If you plan to hold a wedding between these months, especially on weekends, please expect parks to be very crowded and parking to be limited.
3. If you have rented a facility in our park and need to have chairs brought in, driving on the grass is not permitted. You must carry the chairs from the parking lot to your desired location.
4. There is a limit of 100 chairs that can be set up in the park for a wedding. No chairs are permitted to be set up on the beach.
5. No musical instruments, public address systems or amplified sound systems will be allowed in the park. No DJ's or bands will be allowed; however, you may have a small radio or iPod docking station as long as the volume is kept low.
6. No alcohol is allowed in the park.
7. No consecutive days are permitted for a rental unless approved by the Department prior to making the reservation.
8. Cauble Park parking is free Monday through Friday. If you are not a City of Acworth Resident, then a weekend fee of $10.00 (credit only) will be charged per vehicle during the hours of 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. between the end of April and Labor Day weekend. A
$10.00 parking fee for all non-City residents at Proctor Landing and Dallas Landing seven days a week during their season. You do receive a limited number of free spots with any rental. All cars over that amount will be required to pay the parking fee. No parking fees
applied at Logan Farm Park.
9. Tents are permitted in the park if one is desired. Tents cannot exceed 10' X 10' and must be open on all 4 sides. There is a limit of 2 tents per event.
10. Please understand that we do not have staff present at your facility during your rental. If you have an issue with your facility, please call the after hour’s number found on your receipt.
11. The City of Acworth reserves the right to cancel any event at any time. In the case of a double booking on a rental facility, the party that completed their transaction first will have the rights to use the facility. The other party will be offered an alternate facility or a full refund.