ACWORTH SANITATION RULES AND REGULATIONS
- The City of Acworth will provide each household with a 95-gallon garbage container that displays the City of Acworth decal. Additional carts can be ordered for an additional deposit and monthly fee.
- All household garbage must be placed in plastic garbage bags before placing them inside of their container. Containers should then be placed curbside no later than 6:30 AM on the scheduled day of pickup.
YARD WASTE/DRY ITEMS
- Yard waste must be placed by the curb no later than 6:30 A.M. on the scheduled day of pickup.
- All yard clippings and leaves must be bagged in either paper or plastic bags and must not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Bundles of brush and limbs must be tied and shall not exceed 4 feet in length, 4 inches in diameter or 50 pounds in weight.
- Small loose items are to be bagged and must not exceed 50 pounds in weight.
- Customer owned containers having a maximum capacity of 50 gallons may be used for light brush provided that the combined weight of container and contents does not exceed 50 pounds.
- Card board boxes shall be cut down to lay flat, tied, and not to exceed 3 ft x 3 ft and stacked neatly curbside.
- Box springs, mattresses and bedding shall be placed neatly curbside.
- Sections of lumber must not exceed 4 feet in length or 4 inches in diameter and be neatly placed curbside, stacked not to exceed 50 pounds each.
- Household remodeling items (drywall or paneling) shall be broken into sections no greaterthan 4 feet in length and neatly placed curbside in stacks that do not exceed 50 pounds.
- Doors, windows, sheets of glass (not broken or having jagged edges), and similar type materials no larger than 3 ft x 3 ft placed curbside in stacks not to exceed 50 pounds.
- Screws and nails in lumber must be removed or flatten for safe handling.
- The City does not collect dirt, rocks, bricks, cinder blocks, concrete, batteries, tires, oil, paint, etc.
- In no case does the City collect debris of any kind left behind by Contractors.
The City will collect large appliances, tables, couches, chairs and other forms of solid waste generated from single-family dwelling units, provided the resident contacts Acworth Utilities at 770-917-8903 to make arrangements, and there is a $15 charge per item, with pickups normally scheduled on Thursdays.
Inquiries concerning service or account, contact Customer Service at 770-917-8903.